Berry Companies history dates to 1957 when Fred Berry, Jr. and his brother Paul purchased the Sam H. Denney Road Machinery Co. and renamed it Berry Tractor & Equipment Co. The Sam H. Denney Road Machinery Co. had been founded in 1928 to distribute road maintenance equipment.
In 1962, the brothers acquired White Star Machinery & Supply Co., which had been founded in 1910. Since then, six other companies have been founded or acquired. Seven of these operating divisions purchase equipment from well-known manufacturers and sell or rent to contractors and governmental units. Overall, we have 36 locations in six states throughout the Midwest.
Since our inception, we have held tightly to the values of integrity and honesty that have made our company successful.